Application Guidelines of CIF
[Chonbuk National Univesity International Fellowship]
1. Number of Candidates: 15
2. Period of Program: September 2007 ~ February 2008 [6 months]
3. Eligibility for Application
1) Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree or expect a bachelor's degree before August 2007.
2) Applicants must have more than 200 score in CBT(72 in IBT) or need to obtain Korean language proficiency.
4. Program Overview
[Korean Language Courses]
- 1st Term: September 3, 2007 ~ November 2, 2007 [9 weeks]
- 2nd Term: December 3, 2007 ~ February 1, 2008 [9 weeks]
2) Hours: 4 hours/day (Monday through Friday)
3) Special Activities for Korean culture: twice per term
[Classes of Korean Studies]
1) Period: same as above
2) Hours: 4 hours/week, 2 hours/class
- Understanding Korean Culture
- Understanding Korean Movies/Dramas
1) Purpose: Experience of Korean culture and history by visiting famous historical spots
2) Time: once after completing 2nd term
1) Round trip air fare (Economy class)
※ Return ticket for returning will be provided to participants who will go back to their home country.
2) Stipend: ￦200,000 per month (approx. USD $210.00)
3) Accommodations and meals (2 persons a room)
4) Tuition fee for Korean Language Courses and Korean Studies
5) Field trip
6. Due Date for Application: July 10, 2007
7. Required Documents
1) Completed Application Form for the CIF Program
2) Two sealed letters of recommendation from the president and a faculty of home university
3) Certificate of Graduation or Provisional Certificate of Graduation (from the latest school)
4) Official Transcript (from the latest school)
5) Statement of Study
7) Official Certificate of TOEFL score exceeding 200 in CBT (72 in IBT) or any other proof of your English proficiency
8) 5 photos (3.5mm×4.5mm)
9) A photocopy of passport
10) Applicants from China must submit the following documents additionally.
- a scanned-copy of household register of whole family members
- a photocopy of the ID card
8. Announcement of Admission
: July 20, 2007 (※ On the web site at http://en.chonbuk.ac.kr)
1) Applicants should complete the required documents and submit them to the International Affairs Office at Chonbuk National University through the international affairs office of an applicant's home university.
※ Applications sent directly to Chonbuk National University by applicants will not be accepted.
3) If participants quit the program during the middle of the term for personal reasons, benefits and the air fare for return will not be provided.
4) Any participants quitting the program during the middle of the term will not be conferred the certificate of completion.
5) Participants must submit the report of program review 20 days before the program is finished.
6) Participants must submit the report of resident status no later than 30 days after the program is finished.
7) Participants can take classes of our regular course with obtaining approval from the professor.
8) We will provide over 50 percent of the tuition fee to participants who obtain the admission of the graduate school of Chonbuk National University after finishing the CIF Program.
9) Participants must purchase Health Insurance.